If you’re pregnant you must be very curious about the stages of prenatal development. You want to see how your baby is growing each month and you want to know every little thing about the pregnancy stages and symptoms.
A woman’s body goes through a reproductive cycle each month. The result of it might be either pregnancy or menstruation. Once you have missed your period it's time to visit the doctor to confirm your pregnancy. Now comes the fetus development stages.
You can calculate which stage of pregnancy you’re at by using a pregnancy calculator on the Krishna Coming Garbh Sanskar App. A pregnancy calculator will help you find your estimated due date based on the date of your conception or last period date.
Here’s your definitive guide to the nine stages of pregnancy, month by month:
- This is when the baby is first conceived - the early stages of pregnancy.
- This is the moment of fertilization when the sperm enters the egg.
- As soon as the contact between the sperm and the egg is finalized into the formation of a embryo, the sex and genetic makeup of the baby is decided.
- This embryo then paases through the fallopian tube into the uterus.
- After about 4 weeks of conception, the home pregnancy test will show positive. The structures that form the face and neck begin to develop.
- Organs are also in the initial stage of development.
- The fetus is now little over ½ inch in size - about as big as a kidney bean.
- A primitive face shape begins to develop with eyelids, ears, nose tip, arms and legs.
- Fingers and toes grow longer and more distinct.
- Digestive tract, sensory organs and the neural tube begin to develop.
- The fetus is now around 2 inches long with the weight of half a banana.
- This is also when the fetus begins to make some movements in the womb although you may not feel it yet.
- The fetus’ heartbeat can be heard.
- The fetus is around 4.6 inches long and weighs about 100 grams.
- They become capable of blinking and their heart and blood vessels are fully formed at this stage.
- Interestingly, they also develop fingerprints in this stage.
- The fetus is little over 6 inches in length and weighs around 280 grams.
- This is when you move on from the early stages of pregnancy to the second trimester.
- At this point, the fetus can suck their thumb, stretch, yawn and make faces.
- You will be able to feel their movements.
- An ultrasound will be done in which you will be able to hear the baby’s heartbeat and see the movements of their arms, legs and body.
- The fetus weighs around 640 grams and responds to sounds by moving.
- The wrinkled skin smooths out.
- By this month, the baby feels a sense of being in the womb.
- The baby can even hiccup.
- The fetus weighs around 870 grams and changes position often.
- By this month, even prematurely born babies have a chance of surviving.
- The fetus weighs around 1800 grams and has lots of movement.
- A fat layer forms on the baby.
- This is when you need to think about breastfeeding. You will notice a yellowish liquid leaking from your breasts. It’s called colostrum. This is your breast getting ready for milk.
- Go to the doctor regularly at this stage of pregnancy.
- You’re now at the finish line - the final fetus development stage.
- The baby is now 18.5 inches long and weighs 2700 gms.
- In this month, the brain develops rapidly and lungs are also fully developed.
- The baby’s head also becomes positioned for birth.
You can welcome your healthy, beautiful baby after 38- 42 weeks of pregnancy.
So, these were the 9 stages of pregnancy, month by month. For more such pregnancy related information and to make your pregnancy a happy and positive experience, download the Krishna Coming Garbh Sanskar App.
Share with Your Husband/Wife: